DETENTION CENTER VISTITATION CHANGE
Cleveland County Sheriff's Office employees have always felt it was important for families to be able to spend time with their loved ones who were incarcerated in the detention center. Since it’s opening, the detention center has had one of the most liberal visitation schedules in the state which allowed ample visitation with inmates inside. A rising jail population has resulted in a situation that will necessitate altering that schedule. Due to increased inmate numbers, additional phone traffic for the scheduling of visits, daily care and movement of more inmates, and the strain on detention center personnel, this schedule will change on Monday, April 17, 2017.
Visitors will now only be allowed to visits inmates 1 time per week. Inmates will be allowed to have 2 visitors per week. This should assist us in the handling the additional inmates and associated calls and scheduling without degrading any care or safety of the inmates ordered into our care. This should also help alleviate visitors from being unable to get visits due to certain visitation times already being full. We are posting this information at the detention center, on the main lobby doors, by the receptionist windows, and will continue to make notifications through social media, our website, and other resources available to us. We appreciate your understanding and your continued support.
Monday – Friday (Excluding Holidays)
The time slots a visitor may schedule:
If the time slot you are requesting is full, you will have to select another time or another day to visit.
- You must call the receptionist between 8:00am to 7:30pm to schedule a visit.
- It must be scheduled 1 business day before your visit.
- We do not accept walk-ins.
- Appointments are not flexible, except during inclement weather in which we will contact you.
- Visitation is over video/phone chat. There are no face to face visits or contact visits.
- Visitors will now only be allowed to visits inmates 1 time per week.
- The visits are only 15 minutes long.
- You may not visit if you have been incarcerated within the last 90 days.
- We do not have visitation on weekends or holidays.
- Inmates may only have 2 visitors per week.
- Must have a valid state issued id.
- Must be here 15 minutes early prior to the visit or the visit will be cancelled.
- All visitors must wear a full shirt, nothing low cut or you may not visit.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to visit. You may not take children into the visitation area. Children are not to be left unsupervised in the lobby.
- No cell phones are allowed in the visitation area and you must be seated.