Reserve Deputy Sheriff (Non-paid)
CLEVELAND COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Norman, OK
Reserve Deputy Sheriffs are used in Patrol and other Position. Deputies are responsible for answering calls, routine patrol, traffic control, basic investigations and Public Safety as well as working special events. We are seeking persons who will serve the public while performing the duties of a Deputy Sheriff. Reserve Deputies are required to perform at the same standards as full-time deputies. People who are interested in applying for a Reserve Deputy position will be required to fill out a complete job application furnished by the department and attend an interview review board.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED
• Must pass a background investigation
• No felony convictions or major misdemeanors
• No Domestic Violence convictions
• No convictions for crimes of moral turpitude
• No pending criminal charges
• Must NOT be a present or recent user of controlled substances, have a DUI, DWI or reckless driving violation within the last five (5) years
• Must be proficient with basic computer equipment
• Highly principled ethics and moral character
• Sound judgment and the ability to think quickly
• A true desire to serve all members of society
• All applicants, if not already CLEET certified, must be willing to obtain CLEET certification during our next academy.
We are seeking persons who want to donate their time and experience to the community as a Reserve Deputy. These Deputies may work alone or with another Deputy. Reserve Deputies must be willing to furnish all of their own equipment. A department vehicle and other equipment may be furnished to qualified persons while on duty. Reserves will be required to work a minimum of 24 hours per month and attend all department meetings. All Reserve Deputies are required to complete a CCSO FTO program within one year of employment or one year after graduation from our academy.
We are looking for both experienced officers/deputies and those who are looking to get into law enforcement and willing to learn new skills.
All Reserve Deputies are required to be certified by C.L.E.E.T. and attended either a full-time Basic or Reserve Academy. Those that have not already attended a Reserve or Full-time Basic Academy will be required to attend our next Reserve Academy starting in April 22nd 2014. The Tuition cost for this Academy is $500.00 per student. All Students are responsible to provide their own equipment, weapons, and ammunition.
Applicants must pass a background investigation, interview, psychological (if required) and pre-employment drug screen tests; also have the ability to work any shift. Bilingual in other languages helpful. Mandatory 24 hours a month, special events and call outs.
Anyone interested in applying for a position as a Cleveland County Reserve Deputy should send us your resume Attn: Captain Eric Hanson. Application may be picked up in person at 128 South Peters, Norman, OK or downloaded from our website.
Application forms may be downloaded and printed.
Must be able to perform these duties with or without special accommodations.
Interested parties call (405) 701-8840 and ask for “Patty”
all applications need to be turned into:
Cleveland County Sheriff's Office
128 South Peters
Norman, Ok 73069