The Civil Division staff are not attorneys and cannot answer legal questions nor can we refer you to any specific attorney or legal firm. You are responsible for contacting an attorney, or legal entity, with any legal questions you may have.
The primary responsibility of the Civil Division is to serve legal documents issued by the courts for service within Cleveland County.
- Per address of service: $50
- Notary Fee: $5
- Payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money orders made payable to the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office.
- Please provide the original court document and one service copy. The original document and a proof of service affidavit will be returned to you for filing with the appropriate court and for your records.
- You must provide an accurate service address.
- The Civil Office does not conduct lockouts the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or the week of Christmas.
- Documents for service can be dropped off, or mailed, to the following address:
Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Civil Department
111 N. Peters Avenue, Suite 600
Norman, OK 73069
Your rights as a tenant or landlord:
The Oklahoma Bar Association: www.okbar.org/freelegalinfo
Metropolitan Fair Housing Bureau: 405-232-3247
Legal Aid of Oklahoma: www.legalaidok.org
OU Legal Clinic: 405-325-3702